As a Superior Court Judge (a court of general jurisdiction) in the Marion County (Indianapolis) Superior Court, Macey presided over an average of 1400 cases per year. She was also active in developing and implementing many policies and court rules that were widely adopted in Marion County.
After serving eight years in that judicial capacity, Macey practiced as a mediator and arbitrator in the firm of Van Winkle Baten Rimstidt also in Indianapolis. In 2005, she was appointed as Indiana’s Utility Consumer Counselor to represent utility consumers in state and federal regulatory proceedings. There she managed a staff of nearly fifty attorneys, technical experts, external affairs specialists and support personnel. In addition to serving as legal counsel to the Indiana Senate and the City of Indianapolis, Macey also practiced employment and labor law with the Indianapolis based firm of Barnes & Thornburg, LLP.
Judge, Marion County Superior Court, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1993-2001
- Joined JAG as an arbiter in 2008
- Distinguished Hoosier Award (2008)
- Appointed the State of Indiana’s Utility Consumer Counselor (2005)
- AAA Panel of Arbitrators
- Legal Counsel to the Indiana Senate and the City of Indianapolis
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Mediation Advocacy and Business Law, Maurer School of Law, Indiana University
Community and Professional Activities
- Board of Directors, Pinnacle HOA
- Board of Directors, Fresh Start
- College Athlete in Field Hockey
- Lucky Number is 13
- Married on 11/11/11
- Loves to Dance and Cook